Monday, October 10

Got English?

I have stolen johnny patriots post from out of my emails today. A little view into where the American mind is heading. Here it is, in whole:"The Catholic church was a sinking ship. Then they embraced the Mexicans living here. I do not attend church anymore. My church started the two language service. Call me intolerant but English has always been the language of my church and of America and suddenly they want to do both English and Spanish. I guess I am intolerant! I am now a man without a church and a political party. Soon, if the powers to be have their way, I will be without a country. Got English?"As though America came tumbling out of creation speaking English and is meant to stay that way forever. In a nation that arranges the world for their use, there is such intolerance of change within their own. How have these government pampered people come to the conclusion because people migrate north to work, as they always have and will, that all is lost for them, their country ruined and their lives threatened.This is what their government wants, turmoil, mistrust, fear, anger, hate, and their all time favorite, terrorism. All within their own bounds. A weak and fragmented populace. Now to even mention the loss of their so loved church because of the language of the invaders being used. Stripped of all they were taught that what made them American. Now they are lost. Lost and so vulnerable, ripe, for their government to finish the take over of what once was the American dream. The unaccomplished dream, now dead and replaced by a very evil and dangerous government that threatens the whole world.But that is America, and one must be careful not to let it overshadow their own world if they do not live there. Which I don't. I am right here in Mexico, not far at all across that border, but worlds away. And it is my own world here that I have created, with my husband, that is my strenght and freedom. It is so very important to feel right in how you live, day to day.And for me, today has been a good one, once again. Even if I know so much of the world suffers and problems mount by the minute.

No comments: