Sunday, January 22

Morning glory



Life is beautiful here in Mexico. You can feel the echos of time behind it. So still on Sunday morning, you can feel it. The sun is peaking over the hills and one by one settling down into the canyons between the structures, warm and light on one side, still chilly and dark on the other. Neighbors standing in the streets visiting to keep warm in the rays of it. Its been a long time since I came here to live. I can tell this has become part of me, my surroundings. So much beauty. Right now the sun reveals the lavender house with the purple boganvilla, it just brings it to life as it moves down the wall. The blue house with the multi colored roof partially covered in a blue refugee tarp will be next. I can already see the morning glories covering an old car frame begin to open up. A man slowly works his way selling hot tortillas from a wheelbarrel he pushes. If you buy your tortillas hot you don't have to have the expense of reheating them. Which is something to consider when you live close with not much money. There go my neighbors from up above me, the whole family dressed for the day. The father pushing the baby carriage, the mother carrying one and the rest old enough to walk. I wonder where they are going, all so proud looking. Not church, it is to early. I can hear the bells when they open for business. And speaking of business, I am wondering if the bakery will open early this Sunday and be selling bread so hot you can't hold it. Everything just seems to fit in place, like life is a whole and contained right here within. No jarring realities here. Life death, birth, tradegies, scandals, yes, but not wars and being part of what makes oppression, the sin of taking more of your share, or the horror of apathy from easy living and brainwash style entertainment/news. I can feel life just drifting by on its endless pattern. But as I sit here and write of this on this connection, my computer, to that other world, I know inside me it is so close to coming to an end. Life as real, life as individual, life as living your own. The shaping of Americanization threatens all in its sweep for world dominance. It is the people, as much as the government who make this so, by being who and what they are, Americans. Mindless consummers, living easy and complaining about the details. Never seeing the whole of their evil. Only America, at this moment in time, which we are all in, is put together so as to destrory so much so quick. It has the jump on the world and can take it, if we so allow it. All the right ingredients. And sitting here, in my cozy little shack made mostly of what was second third and fourth hand materials pieced together over many years, feeling so good about my surroundings, who I am and who I am with, I can see, and so deeply regret, what can be lost.



1 comment:

littlebitofsonshine said...

I guess this means once an america idea gets in someones head it is tanted for life nothing anyone can do to wash it from us brainwashing is out because thats also american to bad we are who we are no mater where we move no mater what we do americans dream of freedom no mater the cost to others to bad corportions from america taught by americans dont think of the inviroment or people thay affect.America aka usa was built on a dream of freedom and enuff food to live to bad it was built on the dead of the natives and the dead of the lowly workers who built it o well just another chapter and page hidden in history in a 1000 years what will be remembered is ???????