Monday, January 9

The Trap

*
*
*
*

I have always had an aversion for schooling. It felt to much like shaping. I don't talk much ever about school, or listen to people who do, especially their earlier experiences with it. Kind of like getting thru a jungle without too many bites and the chance of loosing who you are to the unfriendlies. It is a wicked world that wants to take your essence and distill it down into a packagable mix of its own usability.
So, here I am, my life in Mexico, free of that trap so long ago sprung. Shedding my Americaness like a snake skin, layer by layer.
Watching Americans you have this feeling they are a structure, erected to a common cause of alikeness for easy handling. Empty minds and no hearts, just drifting along where popularity and influence take them. Then they have the false ego to be proud of it and get the idea they are better. Deluded populace, for the most, they don't even own what they have. And have to work their lives away paying for what they already use.
Here in Mexico, as I look out my windows, all I see is paid for, property, houses, cars, clothes. We own it, it is ours. This is a major difference on how life feels, and something to be proud of. We are called poor here because our houses are simple and built of what is avialable and not to much money. Built a little at a time as we live in them, always changing, always improving. No payments, a way of life.
Americas poor mostly rent from the richer. Belonging to nothing of their own. It is not good to live in someone else's place, a loss of freedom and the better meanings of life. I keep steering my life away from the just cresting tidal wave of Americanism, keeping track of what it is, and seeing where that leads. Did you know, that in America, the land of the so called free, it is illegal to sell a used mattress? They must be shipped off to other countries or taken to the dump. You cannot rid yourself of your poor by making laws that eliminate their lifestyle. I am poor, in American terms. And I planned my life that way. But it is not poor, it is free and good and real and in balance. Once I sprung that trap, back as a child first seeing what school meant, and not going for it, it opened the world to me and my own mind.
So much of what goes on should not be accepted without thought, but most don't realize its even something to think about.

2 comments:

Sonny L. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
littlebitofsonshine said...

When i was in kindergarden i would have been left handed but for a man named spock he wrote a book .He did not have children just a lot of schooling so i was hit each time i picked up a pencil with my left hand i still remeber the pain of running home from school to tell me momther but she like so many respected this man who had no kids of his own and now im right handed and seams so many things are off balance in me .I agree here to much forced changing to much false worship of schooling and books from people who realy have no clue sad so many block out pain never to remeber it so thay can fit in .