Tuesday, January 3

What Everyone Should Know

I woke up with a hangover this morning. Throbbing head, queasy stomach. It had been way to much and things like that should be taken in smaller mearsures. America does it once again to me, it makes me sick. Yesterday, while on my search here in cyberspace for the truth of it all, I came across a huge dose of it. I was given a link:

http://nobelprize.org/literature/laureates/2005/pinter-lecture-e.html

It was from someones opinion I respect, so I was ready to read the article closely. The man who won the Nobel Peace Prize for Literature, his acceptance speech. It went smoothly into descriptions of writing and meanings and ways, then suddenly exploded into an accusation against America and an exposure of many of their dirty evil secrets and deceptions. So on target. I felt that way when I read Jungs Memories, Dreams, Reflections. Like I had wrote it, that suddenly I had the ability to put down so accurately what floated in my head. This man, Harold Pinter, he sees what I see and he feels the shock and horror the way I feel it. America, the greatest evil ever. It is the truth, there are those born with the vision to see it. The horror of such evil, if it does not reach one, and sicken them, then you are lost, one of the mindless hypnotized the author speaks of. The fooling of a nation of people into thinking they are great, when they are the scum of the earth.

I read the article right off upon getting it as I sat here at my computer. Then I printed it out so my 84 year old mother could read it too. Her words on finishing it were, this is the most frightening and horrifying thing I have yet to read. Pure truth, the truth that so many cannot see. My son still in America, the same as those in Germany who comfortably watched that evil come about.


And then when my husband and I settled in for the evening, I read it out loud to him, as is the way he likes me too. Hearing it in my own voice and seeing my husbands reactions it hit me even harder. Evil is such an ugly ugly thing to look at up close. I said to him, but why does not the world, or someone, bring them down? His answer, no one can, they are in power. What will bring them down is the abcess festering inside that will erupt and destroy them from within. They are ruining themselves.

What does the world think, what does America think, this respected and distinguished and accomplished man, at the ceremonies for a peace prize, condemns this country so totally? The shock and the awe, rippling through the audience, as these words reached them. They cannot be ignored, this truth has got to be bigger than the lie of America. We must all see it for what it, and what its people are. A threat to mankind and the earth as we know it. Like Harold Pinter ended his speech, a loss of the dignity of man, if America succeeds.

3 comments:

littlebitofsonshine said...

cry when you are poor and cant go we are locked in as so many are locked out

littlebitofsonshine said...

your my orange fish in my latest blog but im sure u knew that

Garth said...

After Harold Pinter made that speech he was scoffed at by the media.
The speech was scorned as 'ranting' as if it is not acceptable for a man who writes stage plays to hold political views.
In the same way, people who talk about the crimes of corporate america are called 'conspiracy theorist'; 'anarchists' or 'terrorists.
Opposition = Treason
This is how the machine works:
artists must remain in the little box created for them to make their pretty pictures, or write their clever books or plays.
As soon as the artist rises out of the box to perform his true duty, he is discredited and told to behave himself and to stick to what he knows and not make comments about the Emperor's New Clothes.