Thursday, May 4

Prison of Nationalism

*

*

It is hard to tell where one leaves off what they left behind and becomes not that. I feel my roots, they can't be transferred even if my mind and body are elsewhere.

*

Schooling, it clings. Held captive. Threats on parents you must have your child there, or else. Everyone must get brainwashed, no child left with a clean mind. It is more of a process of unteaching what you naturally learn, than teaching what you need to learn. Hard experience to shake off.

*
Left when I was seventeen. I loved the orient, I saw life is whats around you, and that’s so changeable. A few visits and stays back where I had left served to remind me it was not real. False life, empty lies of America. Then Mexico, 25 years now. So good. But I'm still me, but that is good too. But all of it is me, so I am American, in parts. It is sort of like a crime, but sort of like a victory, to overcome it. A lifetime of seperating it. Can one escape oneself?

*
I confess to being a proud example of what I am not. I have been thinking all this week, so full of boycotts and demonstrations, of what it means. This singling out, pushing down, putting aside, of one type over another. After all, we are just all people, so what.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Garth said...

I don't think it is necessary to define yourself by country. You are who you are because you think about things and question things.
The truely brainwashed do not question what is handed down to them. Parents have a strong duty to nurture the questioning instinct in their children.
P.S. I love the picture!

littlebitofsonshine said...

we love you as you my friend here or there you are you .Bless you and thank you for that also.

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»